Brooklyn's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022
Good morning. My name is Brooklyn Eborn and the only reason I am up here today speaking is because my best friend in the entire world is finally home from her mission.
The topic for the month from the First Presidency is Missions and Missionary Work. I wasn't super excited when Kaitlyn first got her mission call because I knew that she was actually going to be leaving. But I learned a lot from her choosing to serve.
Kaitlyn taught me that we are capable of doing hard things even when they seem impossible. She has taught me to put my faith and trust in the Lord and He will help guide us to what it is He needs done at that moment. She has also helped strengthen my testimony in the blessings that missionaries bring to not just those that they are serving with or teaching, but to those of us still at home.
One of these blessings is that when Kaitlyn left on her mission I was really worried I was going to have to rely on my Mom and Dad to help me with my math homework. Thankfully I was able to pray and ask Heavenly Father to help me understand more this year and I was able to do my own homework and get a good grade.
I am so glad to have Kaitlyn home and am looking forward to learning more about her time as a missionary. I am grateful to have the Gospel in my life, grateful for Christian still serving in Africa, I love my family and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.