July 4, 2022


Today should be Pday and I should get a phone call. Instead, I am at the cabin doing my best to not focus on the fact that you are headed into the mission office to start the process of being able to come home. You won't call like you have over the last 77 weeks, we won't catch up to see how your week has been with the friends you are working with, I won't get to see your face, and I also won't be able to hear you as you talk through what is going on. This week is harder than I guess I imagined it would be. 

I love knowing you are in the hands of President and Sister Nordfelt and their office staff. I know you are being watched over and loved. I also love knowing that this is a day you have prepared for during the entirety of your mission because you have worked your guts out. I cannot begin to imagine the feels you must be having as you sit in your final meeting and discuss your next plan after the mission. 

We will head to the rodeo later tonight and I can't help but reminisce about this time last year. We had Christian with us, as an Elder, doing home MTC. We made the comment that when we came next year (2022) he would be on his actual mission in Africa and you would almost be home. Now here we are and you are 2 days away from us being able to hug you and see you in person! Guess what? This time next year, you can come with us and Christian can too! 

I am excited for you and anxious to hear how today goes. I am thrilled to know that Ashlee Zaugg is with you and that she will be with you for the duration of a travel day. I imagine she will be with you in the hotel as well. :) 

I love you. Still cannot believe we are at this point of your mission! Enjoy these last moments. Savor them and hold them close to your heart. I love you to the moon and back!

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom