Mission Accomplished
I wasn't entirely sure how to 'end' this blog/journal I have been keeping for you. I guess I wasn't sure when I started it that it was really going to end. :) At the beginning it felt like it would be the LONGEST 18 months of my entire life until I would have you back home. Today, it doesn't feel like it was forever. In fact, your mission flew by quite quickly and I will forever be grateful for that.
Kaitlyn, I just wanted to jot a few things down to let you know how proud I am of you. I want to let you know that you have well exceeded what I thought a mission would look like with you as a missionary. I knew you would be great but the level of great that you have shown takes my breath away. I hope that you will forever cherish both missions you had the blessed opportunity to serve. I know how hard it was for you to be re-assigned but you crushed the heck out of the mission in the MBM and you were so needed there. I am grateful for the chance you got to be there and for the experiences you had while serving. I am grateful for the friendships and companions you had and for the growing that took place within so that when the day came that Brazil was ready for you, you were ready for Brazil.
You have been a powerful example of grit and determination on your journey in the Gospel. You have carried a tender testimony within your heart and as your Mom, watching it blossom into this really strong powerful testimony has been a gift I will cherish close to my heart for forever. Just because your mission is done as a full time missionary, it means nothing compared to what is in store for you now. I know that you will continue to move mountains, you will continue to love and serve your Heavenly Father, and you will forever trust Him because of the relationship you formed within these last 18 months with Him. Kaitlyn, you have changed me and my love of this Gospel through your willingness to say yes to a call. You have shown me what it is to love the way the Savior loves. You have allowed me the chance to feel and experience the arms of the Savior wrapped around me in times of longing for you to be home again. The blessings you brought to our family as you have been out giving of your time so selflessly are going to be blessings I hope to never forget.
As you start your 'new life' I hope that you will always remember to keep your Heavenly Father close to your heart and involve Him in all things. You will start college, start dating, choose a spouse, who I pray will be worthy to take you to the temple and who will cherish you for all of who you are, and will create your own adult life. You deserve nothing but pure happy and pure joy. Thank you for making me a Mom and for making my biggest want in life come true. Thank you for trusting me as a Mom and as a friend. Thank you for allowing me to make mistakes and for helping me learn to be better. Thank you for being exactly who you are and for teaching and loving me along the way. I love being known as your Mom.
Welcome Home. You have accomplished this mission of yours and I am so excited to see what doors open next for you. Always remember I am in your corner as your biggest cheerleader and am here for anything you will ever need.
I love you to the moon and back, forever and for always,
Mom
